Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Advent Quilt - the back


As I worked on the front of my Advent Quilt,
I stitched the randomly scrappy ends and cut offs together.

Later, these segments were trimmed to 2.5" or 6" widths,
(except for the one column that was trimmed to 8")
then sewn together end to end and mixed with leftover yardage.
(cut into 6" WOF strips)




Once I had the columns arranged the way I liked them,
I started stitching them together.



I stitched and pressed & stitched and pressed & stitched and pressed . . . 



And then there was a 74" x 74" flimsy for the back side of the quilt!
(the light outdoors was cold and thin ~ hence the odd color tone)



I do love reversible quilts with scrappy pieced backs!



And I love the challenge of using my leftovers 
so they don't go back into the stash.
(or the trash)

* * * 

Next year, when I pull out the boxes to decorate for Christmas,
I'll have a wonderful table topper for our kitchen.

And at least one or two throw pillows
(or maybe a small table runner)
 made from the excess backing that will 
be trimmed after Chris finishes quilting!

* * *

Be back in a few days . . .
Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, scrappy pieced backs make for wonderful reversible quilts! This one could definitely be a "front". Love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love reversible quilt too, but in this case the back is as amazing as the front! I usually do piece my leftovers, but it never looks as awesome as this!

Diane said...

the back is fantastic!

O'Quilts said...

Great job!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

'Tis the season... and you have some lovelies for this one and the next! Enjoy~

Magpie Sue said...

I love this! And the front isn't bad either. ;- )

janequiltsslowly said...

I'd be proud just to have this as the front of a quilt I made. Beautiful!