Thursday, November 17, 2011

Quick Public Service Announcement



If you dislike the new Lightbox feature,
(the one that displays your photos in a non-enlargeable format)
here's how to disable that "feature" . . .

1.  Log into your blog via your Dashboard

2.  Click on Settings

3.  Select the Formatting tab

4.  Scroll down and look for 'Showcase Images with Lightbox'

5.  Select "NO"

6.  Save settings

Woo Hoo ...

No more Lightbox!
Quiltdivajulie

13 comments:

Denise :) said...

Thank you for sharing that!! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks so much! I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wonderful! Many thanks.

Anita in Florida said...

Thank you so much for the info...now if all the other blogs would just check that box too!!

Nancy said...

I detest the Lightbox feature and glad to learn that I could eliminate it on my blog. Thanks for the tip.

Hilda said...

Another hearty thank you. When this changed automatically, I thought it was just the way it was going to be--and didn't investigate other options. I sure didn't think it was an improvement. Glad to be able to click and enlarge photos without that lightbox!

Brenda said...

Thanks Julie, but just a note: this only works in the old interface. I couldn't find a way to disable the lightbox feature in the new interface, so I switched back to the old one from the dashboard, made the changes, and then switched back.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this important information Julie. I do not like the lightbox. I think we can make a link to your blog from ours or to give those same instructions . Just to make it more public and available to those bloggers who thinks they have no options.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Thanks so much. I want to disable that right now.

LuAnn Kessi said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this tutorial on your blog. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly. That blogger feature was so annoying, and now I no longer have to deal with it.
You are a peach!
LuAnn in Oregon
luannkessi.blogspot.com

Teresa Rawson said...

THANK YTOU SO MUCH for figuring this out and sharing it! I hated that new feature - I hate it when they make changes and just assume we will all prefer the change.

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Pat B said...

Thanks from me too. Appreciate that you took the time to share your knowledge.

Millie said...

Thanks Julie and Brenda!