![]() |
| Courtesy of Google Images |
So it's Monday, again.
That is a good thing,
but it is also a sad thing because
I needed more days in my weekend . . .
DH and I are working on a pair of collaborative pieces
for entry into a contest by the Woodturners of America.
I can't show photos until after our entries are submitted,
but as soon as that happens,
you WILL get to see the seven submission photos.
[And when voting time comes, I'll pass along the info.]
| Brush Strokes |
Our family of five enjoyed a movie/dinner outing
with a matinee of Cowboys & Aliens
followed by dinner at Olive Garden during which
Brush Strokes, created for our eldest and his wife,
was gifted in honor of their 5th anniversary.
But mostly, I dealt with so many thoughts
that I filled multiple pages in my working journal ~
ideas for the trunk show I'm giving in September,
ponderings for a long-delayed quilt project that remains in a box,
ways to improve the work space in my studio,
storage ideas for waiting projects,
realizing more collaborative possibilities with DH,
sketches for my rapidly-gestating quilty guardian angel wallhanging,
[not to mention those pesky non-art related thoughts and to-do items]
and on and on and on ~
until I feel like Calvin -- HELP!!!!!
Now I need a weekend to recover . . .
It will be interesting to see how things develop this week.
Quiltdivajulie


1 comment:
Oh I can SO relate. But those days spent with pen and paper very often bear the best fruit.
The book came today! My son is taking it apart and putting the pages in page protectors for me. I'm very much looking forward to reading it. I have a feeling it may lead to my own quilty guardian angel wall hanging! (I've been wanting to do one ever since I saw Victoria's.)
Post a Comment