![]() |
| "A Moments Rest" by Julien Dupre' (1851-1910) |
* * *
Lots of things going on in and out of the studio,
including plenty of thoughtful contemplation.
As I've noted before, the "back to school season"
feels much more like my "new year" than January 1 ~
so this pause is very much part of my process.
* * *
Not to worry ~ I'll be back soon!
including plenty of thoughtful contemplation.
As I've noted before, the "back to school season"
feels much more like my "new year" than January 1 ~
so this pause is very much part of my process.
* * *
Not to worry ~ I'll be back soon!
Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------
"Impartial observers from other planets would consider ours an utterly bizarre enclave if it were populated by birds, defined as flying animals, that nevertheless rarely or never actually flew.
They would also be perplexed if they encountered in our seas, lakes, rivers, and ponds, creatures defined as swimmers that never did any swimming.
But they would be even more surprised to encounter a species defined as a thinking animal if, in fact, the creature very rarely indulged in actual thinking."
Steve Allen
They would also be perplexed if they encountered in our seas, lakes, rivers, and ponds, creatures defined as swimmers that never did any swimming.
But they would be even more surprised to encounter a species defined as a thinking animal if, in fact, the creature very rarely indulged in actual thinking."
Steve Allen

6 comments:
I love your quotes today. :) This is also a beautiful, thought provoking painting.
Look forward to your return. Hugs
Contemplation is a good and necessary thing. Enjoy.
Loved the quotes and the painting.
Deborah
I agree with you, Julie! Back to school is my time to regroup and get back into a regular routine too.
I hear you and completely understand!!
How well I understand... drink deeply from the spring and take your sweet time.
Post a Comment