| Waiting Patiently on the Design Wall |
The beginnings of what will be a generous lap quilt
featuring the leftover segments from my recent Curvy Rail Fence quilt.
| BEFORE photo |
The red-white-black project has been pushed aside
by focused work on a series of 10 Priority Quilts ~
hoping to be able to share finish photos by the end of the week
(including labels and registration numbers).
| Recently Finished PIF and Gift Quilts |
The bindings are finished
but the photo shoot has not yet happened.
Soon . . .
| Moda fabrics from Delta Patchwork Warehouse Sale |
This is the first layer-cake I've ever purchased.
Not because of the fabric that shows,
but because of the fabrics within the stack.
The backing (also Moda) is from their Prayer Flag line.
Since I gifted all three of my Ice Cream Quilts
this quilt (design/name unknown) will be for me.
(Indulging another side of my eclectic nature).
| Batik and KF for upcoming Roller Coaster-inspired project |
I rarely purchase enough yardage for a single fabric back ~
but the KF fabric is SO amazing, this quilt will not have a scrappy back.
Nancy has shown several photos of her Roller Coaster project recently.
Mine will likely not look like the pattern,
but a scrappy batik variation
(need to dig into the stash for 300+ 2-1/2" squares).
* * *
Back to the studio!
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
Your first quilt is just amazing...love what is going on over there!!
Hi Julie,
I have to say I like everything you do!
And that batik in the last photo is very yummy!
I have plans to make one of those ragged edge flower quilts one day; they have always appealed to me.
Take care.
Vicky F
I love what I see so far for your Rollercoaster inspired project. Great fabric!
Lots of nifty things happening in your studio. Can't wait to see them finished!
Deborah
My goodness sakes alive, woman! You are not only "Little Miss Busy" but "Super Miss Productive!"
Your first quilt looked like a 3D textile sculpture the way it is hanging on that wall!
I can't see any seams on your design wall..is the whole wall for design or is the quilt just pinned onto the wall, itself?
Post a Comment