Friday, August 5, 2011

One Quilt at a Time

Click twice to super size photo

Any of you who follow my blog
already know that I'm a big supporter

In addition to making and donating Priority Quilts,
I have purchased the ones you see in the photo above
(along with several others that have been gifted).

Normally, these are pinned on my design wall
or hung at my day-job desk ...

...but for now, they've been gathered all in one place
as I prepare for my trunk show next month.

[The PQ in the lower right hand corner
was created to hang in portrait orientation ~
but in order to make things fit, I turned it sideways.
Seeing it "wrong" in this photo is bugging me no end,
so these will be re-arranged (again) before they go to Mississippi with me!]

* * *

Did you know AAQI awarded their EIGHTH research grant recently!?!

True to their word, AAQI is truly
"Raising awareness and funding research through art, one quilt at a time."

* * *

AAQI Auction Note:

The quilts in the AAQI auction this month (August 1-10)
are from AAQI's now-retired traveling exhibit Forgetting Piece by Piece.

I saw that exhibit when it opened at Nashville in 2006
and I found my "voice" as I spent time with those quilts,
tissues in hand and heart in my throat
(my mother had lost her struggle with Alzheimer's just a year earlier).

I've put two of these on my birthday wish list . . . 

* * * 

Looking forward to the weekend and
time to decompress after an especially intense work week.
Stitching time would be good, too.

See ya'll on Monday!

Quiltdivajulie
--------------
p.s.  The piece hanging in the window (above the PQ display board) is Pojagi (Korean patchwork) done by Victoria (her blog is The Silly BooDilly).  If you've never seen her work, here's the link to her Etsy store.

6 comments:

Barb said...

What a wonderful think you have done and are doing, all those quilts are awesome....

The Calico Cat said...

Did you make all of them or did you buy them to support the research? (Or a combo?)

Susan said...

What a great display!

Michele Bilyeu said...

A beautiful display of art quilts and even more beautiful display of your own heart :)

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, this is nice to see. I've made only two, and one of them went to Houston and was sold there. My mom had Alzheimer's too and I miss her so much. The AAQI is on my mind often so hope to join you in making more, even buying a few. Thanks for this post!

Magpie Sue said...

I really hope the temps come down enough for you to enjoy your weekend.