Monday, July 11, 2011

Secret Project Revealed

Synergy (2011)

Our collaborative "secret project" is finished!




DH turned this 16" bowl from a freshly-cut sweet gum tree.

Once the green-wood bowl had dried and been sealed,
 I spent several (!) hours embellishing the bowl with batiks.




Defined as two or more things functioning together 
to produce a result not independently obtainable, 
synergy usually arises when two persons 
with different complementary skills cooperate.


Before and after

This photo shows another, slightly smaller log section
from the sweet gum tree, to give you an idea of
"where the bowl came from."

You can see more process photos in the web album here.
We're both happy with the results of our first collaborative piece.


Quiltdivajulie
---------------
p.s.  You can see some of DH's other recently finished wood turnings here.

13 comments:

Clare said...

It's awesome! Congrats on a wonderful collaboration.

Darling Millie said...

It's gorgeous. What a great thing, to do a collaborative project with someone you love!

Barb said...

Your bowl is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazingly awesome!!!

Vicki W said...

It's really beautiful! I see more collaborations in your future!

Anonymous said...

I am blown away, that is unbelievable! A true treasure!

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Nellie's Needles said...

Fabulous!

If by chance you visit your sister during ArtPrize, please let me know.

Jean said...

This is so beautiful. I went to his blog and looked through his other works of art. All I can say is WOW!!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Very, very nice! Love the color too!

Lynette said...

Wow!!! The result is amazing. How fun to make art together like that.

Linda said...

Great synergy - luv luv luv the bowl.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Absolutely stunning. A beautiful work of art :)

Deborah said...

Beautifully unique! Great job, you two!
Deborah

quiltmom anna said...

You and your husband do beautiful work together. What a stunning piece of art.
I always enjoy seeing all your beautiful creations.
Thanks for sharing,
Regards,
Anna