Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Let the Lettering Begin!


I am slow to get started, 
but my letters for Lynne's Letter Along
have finally started to appear!


I've made letters before, lots of letters ~
but they've all been CAPITAL letters.

(check out my lettered quilts 
using the page link 
in my sidebar)


So my personal challenge with this sampler
is to make quasi-controlled lower case letters.


The letters themselves measure 3-1/2" tall.

With the background fabric all-around, 
the "blocks" measure just over 5-1/2"
(these will be trimmed when it comes time to piece it all together).


After working with large letters,
these smaller versions are a bit of a challenge ~
but I'm happy with the results so far.
(The colors are much more vibrant in real life
as you'll see once they're off the design wall.)

Lots of other things going on this week,
so it may be another few days before more letters appear here.

* * *

Don't forget to stop by on Thursday for the giveaway post!

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Lynette said...

The letters are looking good!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Mason sings the Alphabet Song when he washes his hands, it is so sweet. I found myself humming that as I read this post! Your letters are dainty and adorable.

Jean said...

They are very nice...I suppose I will have to try those too! lol

Clare said...

Great letters. I did a "magical" i yesterday.

I'm finding them a lot easier these days, expect when I do a twist to one and then then ripper has to come out.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice letters!

Have you seen the alphabets on Wayne's blog? http://waynekollingersquiltblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Letters

I've not tried this other than a small one, but love words, so one of these days...

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to make the lowercase letters!