Saturday, July 16, 2011

Gotta Love It - the flimsy


The scene early this morning . . .


By the end of the afternoon, Gotta Love It had become a freshly-pressed flimsy!
(shown here draped from the end of the ironing table)

Inspired by Retro Blooms, Wendy Williams (Quilts Down Under)

Woo Hoo!  

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

52" x 76"

Later in the week, I'll share progress on what promises to be a very scrappy back.

Quiltdivajulie

13 comments:

Brenda said...

lovely and lively and fun. great flimsy! how hot is it there? we're plenty warm up here.

Colleen said...

Love it!!! the first time I have seen the gorgeous blues with black and white. Great job!
Happy Quilting!
Colleen

Lynette said...

Wow! Sure do love those colors like that!

Vicki W said...

Indeed I do!

Unknown said...

Totally love it!! Same color scheme as my daughter's Hunter's star quilt that I made for her at Christmas.

Deborah said...

I really, really like this pattern and colors!! Great job.
Deborah

Kathleen said...

ooh i love it i love it... great color...Kate

Unknown said...

Wow, I love it alright. What issue of Downunder was this in. I would love to make it using the rest of my b and w's.

Kayjay957@yahoo.com

Andrea said...

Wow - it has real pizazz - terrific !

*karendianne. said...

Ummmmmmmm, hello, this is Ms. KD and she's thinkin' this is superbly amazing. (10452 Roxb…) hee.

Victoria said...

gorgeous!!!

quiltmom anna said...

This is such a fun quilt- I do love the beautiful rich blue color combined with the black pieces.
Another terrific quilt.
Thanks for sharing your newest work.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Deb said...

Wow! I love, love, love it too! Great use of scrap and controlled color...but with lots of action!!

Deb from clutteredquilter.blogspot.com