Monday, July 18, 2011

Good Morning Purple

--

Good Morning Purple is finished.



The heat index dropped in the low 90s one evening,
so I hurried outside to snap these photos.
(I really prefer natural outdoor light!)


Chris used one of my favorite (complex) pantos ~ Shiva.
It twists and turns and changes shape with zig zags and swirls ...


I was inspired by Wanda's pinwheel quilt and
Karen's version with bright colors and on point setting ~
but when I put my first few pieces on the design wall,
a whole new layout appeared.


I love the scrappy pieced back and the scrappy binding.

You can see an earlier post for this quilt
here that includes Wanda's and Karen's versions
and the print that subliminally inspired my color palette.

Here's to a better week than the last one . . . 

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------
July Binding Effort:  Five done / three more to go.

10 comments:

Barb said...

Your quilt turned out wonderfully!!!!

Unknown said...

Good Morning, Purple is such a lovely quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's pure lovliness, through and through. I love the name.

Heidi said...

Wonderful colours and the curry border fits perfect ! Absolutely gorgeous

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

A beautiferous quilt.

Lynette said...

Very nice. I just love the pop of the inner border colors - perfect.

Anonymous said...

I love the color combinations.
Mama Bear

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your quilt is way better than mine!!!

Deborah said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the quilting.
Deborah

Susan said...

I'm not normally a purple fan, but this is a great quilt! Love the pieced back too!