Late last week, I received an e-mail
from Jeffree Itrich of the Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study (ADCS).
The companion Alzheimer's Study Quilt Project
is in need of quilts for their male study participants.
So yesterday, I pulled out my box of orphaned batik pieces
and started stitching them together ~
extra squares from Ochenta, trimmed backing from No Words Needed,
a pieced bit from Sing the Sun Down,
and even backing from one of my early quilts, Pompeii.
Something From Nothing, the flimsy, measures 44" x 55"
and is ready to go to Chris for quilting.
The back is pieced and ready, too
(it looks a tad blue in this photo,
but the colors are warm and vibrant is real life).
I've already mailed Grains of Sand to ADCS,
and will send Something From Nothing
as soon as it is back from Chris's house and bound.
Now that I've finally broken the ice on my PIF 2011 list,
I'm planning to use the leftover pieces from the wedding quilt
and create Four Patch Frenzy for ADCS one day soon.
Leap of Faith, another scrappy quilt, is on the design wall
ready to be stitched, trimmed and squared for ADCS.
And maybe now I'll get busy and finish the stalled KF HST project
for an ADCS participant.
Offering comfort quilts for a few study participants
is the very least that I can do!
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
Oh, that's cool!
Good for you, Julie! I am pretty sure that not only have I been contacted but that every friend who has sent me the link, too. Dang, I wish there were more hours in the day and fewer challenges! But I am proud of you for representing and I am freshly tagging and bookmarking this project again. So, I truly appreciate your post!!!
I need to go check out the links you've provided. I LOVE that backing print!
Post a Comment