Gotta Love It
(aka Down to the Blues)
has been in my heart
and on my studio shelf
for a loooong time now . . .
waiting for that final spark of inspiration.
The time has arrived!
I rarely make quilts from magazine patterns.
But the inspiration for Gotta Love It
is within this edition's pages.
My version will not look like theirs,
but I will use the pattern's dimensions
(at least at the beginning).
And I'll be using this ruler
(haven't done wedges before) . . .
Thanks to Em for suggesting a visit to Kelly Girl Quilts!
That's where I discovered the "missing piece"
that had kept his project on hold for so long
(the fabulous colors on white print above).
Onward!
Quiltdivajulie



4 comments:
Oh yes, that is a fabric that I just love. I have it in my shop and had just put it on clearance a week ago along with the rest of Dan's collection. Not too much left either and understandably so. When I put the order in with the fabric rep, I purchased a whole bolt for myself. Just love the color and design. Tons of possibilities. Can't wait to see what you will be doing with it!
Love, love those fabrics!
Have fun@@@@
Julie, Is your heart fluttering getting my vibe as I read this post, I LOVE KELLY GIRL QUILTS and am tickled to see you found inspiration there as I do on regular basis! I am dying to see what you do with this, it will be fabulous of course!!!!! lOVE TO YOU! Em
ps thanks for the email today on how to fix my blog so you can comment. Travelling but will look into it when I get home!
Post a Comment