Saturday, June 25, 2011

Recovery Notes


There is nothing, 
NOTHING, 
like fabric and friends
to make you feel better!

Chris and I met up this morning at Delta Patchwork
for their warehouse sale and a quilt swap.

You can see part of our stack of quilts above
(taken in the lobby/entrance area at Delta).
Chris brought me my four freshly-quilted quilts
and I sent six recently finished flimsies home with her.

We ended up spreading the quilts out 
on one of the large cutting tables ~
what fun to listen to the observations and comments of others.

Three hours, lots of interesting conversations, 
and considerable laughter later,
we left Delta and, after lunch, headed off on our own again.



This is the first group that came home with me . . . 


and these greens (the top one is amazing in person) . . .


the blues . . .


and last, but not least, the B&W and browns.

Thanks, Arlene ~ we had a blast!

Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Helen said...

Sounds like your day was fantastic!! Thanks for sharing.

*karendianne. said...

Now that's just freakin' fun!!! That fabric says so much about the day, too.

Susan said...

I couldn't agree more...there's nothing like a day with friends and fabric to make you feel better!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, what a fun day and perfect therapy!! I love your new fabrics!

Barb said...

Oh ....just love your fabrics...glad you had a fun day with friends and fabrics....

Mary said...

Wonderful stacks of new fabric! I like your taste!

Clare said...

Who needs to pay a visit to the doctor to get meds when you've got fabric!