Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Impact Zone - On the Wall


Impact Zone now hangs on the wall opposite my work station
(my plant and digital photo frame are in the foreground).


The landscape orientation and size fit the space 
just as I hoped/planned


Reaction to the new quilt has been very positive
with most people stopping to study the wonky strip piecing
and later noticing the secondary batik background stars
(not to mention tracing the quilting lines & discovering the leaves).

My favorite remark?
"none of the colors go together (thoughtful pause), but yet they do!"


Dave's Friends which had been hanging near my current desk
is now hanging at the desk where I spent my first 3 years with the firm ~
by special request of my co-worker.
She is delighted & so am I.

Quiltdivajulie
----------------
"Life is like and ever-shifting kaleidoscope - a slight change, and all patterns alter." (Sharon Salzberg)

12 comments:

Andrea said...

It's a perfect fit. A lovely, lovely quilt to brighten up that plain wall - well done ! And I love the kitty quilt too - is there a pattern for that ? xxx

Unknown said...

It looks just beautiful there!! I love Dave's friends too!! Cute!

Barb said...

I love both quilts!!

Sujata Shah said...

Julie,

I love it when none of the colors go together.. and they do! Doesn't it feel good to put those quilts on the wall?

Nice job!

jovaliquilts said...

I heard somewhere that 10 fabrics might not go together, but 100 always do. Your co-worker seems to agree.
It's so wonderful to be able to have your quilts up at work!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is very striking above the dark wood. It was probably a new awakening for the person who thought none of the colors go together. They will probably look at all of your wallhangings with a new appreciation.

Michele said...

Looks stunning displayed!

Em said...

Beautiful! Brown is a fav of mine and this is so pretty with it!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the border!!!!

Mary Keasler said...

Julie, it looks terrific

Sharon said...

Wow, this is so cool. It's very bright and fun up close with that wonky strip piecing, and yet it's elegant and fits that space so well. The brown batik makes it a little more "grown up". You did an incredible job on this! And how totally cool to be able to hang up your quilts at work!

Love the kitties too!

Anonymous said...

It looks great in that spot, adds alot of color and smiles!

woolywoman said...

How cool is that that you get input into the art in your office space. I have never worked anywhere you could personalize anything. Even now I share a two desks with six people( only 2 per day or shift) I can't even leave a pen on my desk!

Beautiful quilts- I love spiderweb quilts. I could make those, and log cabins, forever and never get bored.