Monday, March 14, 2011

Impact Zone - Finished!


Over the weekend, I made a hanging sleeve and attached the binding.

Finished quilt measures 59" wide x 47" high.

(shown here laying on our sunroom floor)


I snapped photos of the changing dynamics while I was binding . . .


Chris used lime splash thread and the Rotoruria panto
which has lots of large leaf designs and swirls.


This is the larger leaf ... wonderful texture!


Here you can see the texture on the back of the quilt.


This is the back of the quilt
with the hanging sleeve in place at the upper edge.

Today's lunchtime errand is to pick up a slim curtain rod
so I can get this hung up on the wall beside my desk at work.
I'll share photos once it has been installed ~
can't wait to see the reactions of people as they see it for the first time!

The start to finish web album for this quilt is here
and I've added the haiku here.


Quiltdivajulie
------------------------
"Our days are a kaleidoscope. Every instant a change takes place in the contents. New harmonies, new contrasts, new combinations of every sort. Nothing ever happens twice alike."  (Henry Ward Beecher)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It is absolutely fabulous!! I love everything about it!!

Amy said...

gorgeous!!

Clare said...

Fabulous. Really fabulous.

Helen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love it.

Barb said...

That is one amazing quilt!

Tonya Ricucci said...

yay, congrats! I'm partial to the back, wonder why ;-)

jovaliquilts said...

Looks great! Love the name, too, and as always, love the photos.

Brenda said...

It's great, both front and back. I sleep under my spiderweb and the best part is seeing all the different fabrics in it. great finish!

Vicki W said...

It's fantastic! I love the front and the back.

SandyQuilts said...

Love it. What pattern did you use? OR was it your own?