Almost a year ago, I purchased this incredible flimsy from Wanda.
(visit her blog, Exuberant Color here)
and her marvelous body of work inspire and motivate me.
I have always admired colorwash quilts.
This one features rectangles instead of the traditional squares
and the moment I first saw it on Wanda's blog, I fell in love.
(click here to see her photo of her finished flimsy)
I feel so very fortunate to now call this work of art mine!
There has been a lot of pondering since the flimsy first arrived in Tennessee.
What style of fabric and what color should I use for the back?
(The finished quilt will hang on the wall in my quilt studio.)
What about the quilting?
What color(s) should I choose for the binding?
![]() |
| flimsy on left, backing batik on right |
Over the weekend, Chris and I met at The Quilting Barn.
With enthusiastic input from the shop's owner and assistant,
we pulled bolts, spread fabrics on the cutting table,
discussed the options, and came to a decision.
![]() |
| Backing batik on left, flimsy on right |
Pat, the shop's owner, found the perfect binding fabric.
It doesn't photograph well (see link below) ~ but it is wonderful!
Along the way, there have been several suggestions for quilt names ~
but, in the end, the flimsy has named itself.
Exuberance.
I started a web album here and will add more photos
as this amazing flimsy becomes a full-fledged quilt.
Thank you, Wanda ~ for everything!
Quiltdivajulie







6 comments:
Oh wow.....I love these amazing quilts!
I totally agree about Wanda, she is so inspiring and has a wonderful eye for all things quilty! Love this top! The binding and backing that you picked are perfect!
This is going to be a knockout. I love the fabrics you have chosen.
I think you have found a perfect combination. I can't wait to see it finished! It may even inspire me to finish a couple of the other tops.
Love this one too, and your choice of backing. Wanda holds a special place in my heart too.
Awesome and what a perfect, perfect name! What else is right...but not everyone would have thought of it and its perfection for this. Symbolic, meaningful and filled with so much from Wanda as well as now, from you and Chris and a lovely shop owner. How fun!!!!!
Post a Comment