Last night, I opened my box from Delta Patchwork.
These are my fabrics for Mary Lou Weidman's Sock Swap 2
The backgrounds are to be creams (scrappy or single)
and the sock colors are limited to red, green, cheddar, turquoise, and black.
I had plenty of creams but no good cheddar and very little turquoise.
Great excuse for some stash enhancement!
My 13-14 blocks have to be done and in CA by March 1.
I know, it's a bookshelf full of books
and project boxes full of fabrics.
But ... it is neat and organized again
(at least for a little while).
While I was covering the front desk yesterday,
I was also flipping through the pages of a magazine
someone brought from home (LHJ, BH&G, etc.).
One of the decorating articles suggested arranging books by color
and the accompanying photo caught my eye.
So, while I was in the design studio, I just had to try the idea
with my quilt books.
I like the way it looks ~ time will tell if they stay this way!
Here is the other bookshelf ~ also newly tidied.
Finally, here is the newly re-done PC word block for Lynne's quilt.
I'm much happier with it now.
The weather forecast for today includes
freezing ice pellets in the morning and 1-2 inches of snow after that
(for those in the north, that's nothing; but here, it's a BIG deal).
We'll see!
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
I've been arranging my DVD collection by color for years.
LOVE my blocks! There is so much to be learned from this exercise! Thank you so much.
Lynne
(Millie is the cat)
I am sure you are just loving your bookshelf and all its organization...because I do.
Don't you love it when everything is neat and tidy...but then...
Mama Bear
Post a Comment