Wednesday, January 5, 2011

For the Record . . .

Part of my December-January transition involves
finalizing one year's quilt journal and setting up the next.

And that, of course, means compiling a list
(so I can refer to it later on).

So, for the record, here is my 2010 roster:

~ ~ ~

2010 Completed Projects


  • Cran-Apple Crisp (reds and creams using Lynne’s slashed squares tutorial)
  • Fun At Heart (a flimsy for Mary Lou Weidman using her new line of fabrics)
  • Spirit Song (a 5-year journey, formerly known as Pass the Pickles Please)
  • 6 Selvage Placemats (reversible)
  • 2 red chairs and my binding tree
  • H is for . . . (created using Wanda’s H-block tutorial and a Wandaful jelly roll)
  • Antidote (2/10 snow day project using leftovers from Tonya’s 2009 get well panel, quilt finished and hung 2-20-10) 
  • Quiet Elegance (flimsy designed and pieced by Wanda, purchased by Julie in 2009, binding completed Jan. 2010)

Flimsies Away Being Quilted as of 12/31/10

Plaid Happens
(flimsy from class with Mary Lou Weidman, with Chris for quilting)
Indian Summer
(original design, Kaffe prints from swap w/Wanda, w/ Chris for quilting)
Senescence
(original design, Kaffe prints from swap w/Wanda, w/Chris for quilting)
Summertime
(greens/creams, pattern from Scrap Basket Surprises, w/Chris for quilting)
Impact Zone
(scrappy spiderweb wall hanging with lettered name panel on reverse, to be hung on office wall, ready for quilting by Chris)
Exuberant Colorwash
(flimsy by Wanda, purchased by Julie, now with Carla for quilting)

2010 Classes and Other Challenges

All People Quilt’s Million Pillowcase Challenge
  • 16 Pillow cases to Delta Patchwork/St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
  • 10 pillowcases to Margaret’s Hope Chest, Grand Rapids, MI
Jeanne’s Creativity Initiative
  • 7 Priority Quilts for AAQI (see those starred below)
Karen Griska’s IF YOU WERE A QUILT, WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK LIKE?
  • Spirit Song
Tonya’s 2010 Liberated Amish Get Together
  • No Words Needed (two-sided quilt)
  • Waste Not Want Not (crumb-pieced blocks from NWN trimmings)
  • Dancing Star (Gee’s Bend meets Liberated Amish w/no rulers or rotary cutters)
JCCFS Class (Jan. 24-30, Billie Shelburn, painting/collage)

JCCFS Class (Sept. 5-11, Mary Lou Weidman, Hoochy plaids)

Davies Manor Quilt and Fiber Arts Show 2010
  • No Words Needed
  • Spirit Song
2010 Gift Quilts

  • Asian Odyssey (original design using silks from 2008-2009 travels, gifted to Lauren on her birthday, 2-14-10)
  • Gifting of Lawson's baby quilt (quilt completed 12/09; Lawson born 2/9/10; quilt gifted 2/25/10)
  • Sweet Cream Roses hanging sleeves (French Roses mini-quilt made with leftovers during 2009 Ice Cream quilts adventure; quilt later gifted to Lynne for her birthday)
  • His Favorite Jeans (selvages and denim using Karen Griska’s Red Zinger design, gifted to Eric)
  • Welcome Home (quilt for Dena, apartment warming)
  • Desert Twilight (stash quilt, gifted to Teri in July)
  • At Home (anniversary no. 4 for Eric and Lauren)
  • Soothing Interlude (birthday quilt for my sister)
  • Comforting Chaos (thank you gifted to James for Christmas)
  • Obsolescence (swap with Lynne completed 9-16-10)
  • Stars Over Leehaven (design/piecing of 2 flimsies for the Mistress of Leehaven using 28 star blocks gifted to KDL to create a reversible quilt; quilting by Mrs. Goodneedle, and binding by Nancy Near Philadelphia,  who started the project in 2008)
Alzheimer’s Art Quilt Initiative 2010

  • Quilting of Name Quilt No. 70 for new AAQI touring exhibit ~ From Heartbreak to Hope
  • The Puzzle Known as Alzheimer’s (my PQ #68, selected for new AAQI touring exhibit ~ From Heartbreak to Hope)
  • Canyon Flowers (collaborative with Chris Ballard, my PQ #69)
  • Just Because (my PQ #70) *
  • What Color Is Your Dream (my PQ #71) *
  • Transitions (direct sale to benefit AAQI) *
  • Transitions (my PQ#72) *
  • Hold My Hand (my PQ#73) *
  • Rays of Sunshine (my PQ#74)*
  • Beyond the Panes (my PQ #75) *
Other 2010 Pay It Forward Projects

  • French Roast - for Alzheimer’s Study Group at USC
  • Whiskers - for Alzheimer’s Study Group at USC
  • Blue Moon - for Alzheimer’s Study Group at USC
  • Warm and Cozy - for Alzheimer’s Study Group at USC
  • Pink at Play - for BASICS Gather
  • Stash Soup – for BASICS Gather
  • Let It Be - for BASICS Gather
Published in 2010

  • And Sometimes Y - AQS 2010 Engagement Calendar
  • Flying Monkeys - Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci
  • And Sometimes Y - Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci
~ ~ ~


~ ~ ~

My mojo has (thankfully) come home again, but still needs a few more days of rest.

That means this is a good time to sort and weed out and re-group
in anticipation of another year full of possibilities.

I'm participating in Carla's challenge
(click here or on the logo in my side bar).

I'm pondering my response to
a thought-provoking question shared

And I've promised myself that I will
create a haiku for each quilt that I finish this year
(I've done this before, but only for certain gift quilts).
I enjoy playing with words as I stitch
and finding ways for those words to capture
at least a portion of my thoughts and/or feelings
for the project at hand.

Time will tell . . .

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------
"What if imagination and art are not frosting at all,
but the fountainhead of human experience?"
(Rollo May in The Courage to Create)

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Now YOU had a productive year!! Wow!

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh my heck, you've gotten a lot done! far more than me, believe it! congrats and I hope you get a bunch done this year too!

Michele said...

You were a busy bee! I really enjoyed seeing all your creations. You are such an inspiration when my mojo needs a kick.

Magpie Sue said...

Holy catfish! I couldn't even allow myself to read your list in detail for fear of getting discouraged about my own accomplishments last year. I thought I'd done good but you totally blew me out of the water! This will be a good time to practice a little self acceptance...

Magpie Sue said...

Okay, checked out Carla's challenge. I saw something similar about this time last year on a beader's blog and have kept it in mind since then. Some days it works, other days it doesn't! I have no doubt you will succeed more often than not. :- )

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wow, and I thought I was busy. You impress me -- so do you have a houseboy? I keep asking for one...