Monday, December 13, 2010

Progress Notes


300+ 1-1/2" (or 2") strips for a piano key border
were cut and stitched during Studio Saturday
(along with some necessary tidying up).

I'm pretty sure there will be more border than needed
so I'll include any leftover segments in the scrappy lettered back
(the center for which is on the design wall above).


The final blocks for Impact Zone have been stitched
 and the flimsy is now off the design wall!

Sunday afternoon/evening were spent shopping for (researching/comparing) 
and purchasing a new plasma television and blue ray player
(our Christmas presents to each other).

Now it is Monday again ~
the office will close during the afternoon for our co-worker's funeral
(high temperature predicted to be 30 degrees).

Then maybe I'll spend the evening using a few more of the IZ trimmings and scraps
to make some holiday ornaments like the ones Bumble Beans shared on her blog.

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------
I know Belinda would have agreed with this thought:
"I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life."
(Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes)

4 comments:

Sue said...

This is so beautiful! I can't wait to see it hanging, all finished. The dark brown is beautiful. Wow! You are amazing & so inspiring.

Em said...

WOWsers! So beautiful and I am sorry about your co-worker. How precious life is and you are definitly making the most of yours! Thanks for the beauty your shared, IMPACT ZONE..I like the different connotations that come to mind and heart. Love, EM

Barb said...

love..love...love those colors...

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

such bright and warm colors, very very nice, ty for sharing :)