Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cran-Apple Crisp ~ Finished!


Cran-Apple Crisp (55' x 69") is finished!

I used Lynne's Slashed Squares tutorial
 (using my own two-color version ~ scrappy, of course)
and added a half-square triangle border.

To avoid any serious measuring stress,
I went with Gwen Marston's
" Too short? Add on" approach.


Chris used her new Swirly Gig panto ~
I love how the quilt crinkled and softened after a trip through the washer/dryer!


This is the back . . . 


And here is the quilt, folded on the back of my recliner.
Perfect for these cool (cold) drizzly days!

Working on the bindings for these last few quilts has reminded me
once again of what I fell in love with early on ~
so many colors . . . so many possibilities . . . 

Quiltdivajulie

12 comments:

beth said...

This is beautiful!

Kelley said...

Just found your blog, and so glad I did! What wonderful, riotous quilts you make! Thanks for sharing them.

Elsie Montgomery said...

This is really pretty. Congrats on another great finish!

Shelina said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. Love the coloring. Your sari idea in your last post is brilliant.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The title is perfect! You have had a great year of finishes. Love the colors in this one.

Vicki W said...

Fabulous! Love that color palette!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Those colors are pretty and the quilt looks cozy. The last photo looked like that front side was in water....
Hey, when do we get to see Plaid Happens ? I am sewing angels all over my plaidville...it is changing day to day....I need to quit! Can't wait to see yours

Sharon said...

Another beautiful quilt! This is so warm and cozy - looking. Great for this time of year. Congrats on another finish.

I LOVE your sari idea of the last post! What elegant tree skirts. Who would guess that they were saris? Great up-cycling idea!

Em said...

SO fun and wonderful to look at the fabrics up close that are mingling with one another.

floribunda said...

Sweet! I love the fresh colors and design...

Magpie Sue said...

Another yummy quilt! Kudos to you and Chris!

Crystal Stanworth said...

ooo! i really like this one! beautiful!