Remember a while back when I posted about the three silk saris
Lauren brought me from Little India in Singapore?
Not at all sure why this idea burst forth ~
but they are now beautiful tree skirts!
After trimming away the 'blouse fabric' I hemmed the ends
and then stitched a casing the full length of one long edge.
Above you can see the purple sari under our full size tree in the living room.
The gold sari is under a table top tree in our half bath.
This close up shows the gathered edge tied around the base of the tree
just below the bottom branches.
This one serves as tree skirt and table topper
with the bordered hem just brushing the floor.
The third and softest sari is gathered about the base
of the table top tree in our sunroom.
I tried letting it hang over the table topping quilt
but it looked ridiculous, so I tucked and puffed it on the table top
and now it looks wonderful, playing off the gentle purples
in the quilt that Wanda pieced late last year.
Very happy with the results!
Quiltdivajulie
3 comments:
That really worked out great! No washing needed! No stabilizer needed and it looks rich!
Those are just beautiful, what a great way to use them!
Brilliant!
Post a Comment