Friday, December 31, 2010

And Then There Were ...


What was I thinking?!?


How did I ever think there would be
20 (!) of these 12-1/2" blocks?


The laws of nature have taken over.


Even though I thought there were enough scraps . . .


. . . this group has been depleted.


I've stitched and stitched . . .


I've trimmed and pieced and pressed . . .


. . . and then there were EIGHT.

Design opportunities ahead!

But first, it's time to take down the tree(s),
clean the house, and deal with the paper tiger.

Here's to the process of winding down
and to the joy of new beginnings!

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" (Seneca)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your efforts!! Can't wait to see the final design! Happy tree taking down and Happy New Year!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Amen and Happy New Year to you, Julie!!!

I am so ready for a new year, new start, and new beginnings..with or without enough blocks ;)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Amen and Happy New Year to you, Julie!!!

I am so ready for a new year, new start, and new beginnings..with or without enough blocks ;)

Melinda said...

What fun block! I have been playing with something similar for a Bee I joined.

Laura said...

Those blocks just make my heart sing! They are fabulous! I think I need to pull out my crumbs and strings and start sewing.

Sujata Shah said...

I am laughing as I read this! I have gone through the similar experience with my scraps. We think we can make so many!!! That 1/4 seam allowance swallows a lot of fabric!
I love your scrappy blocks. Going to be one gorgeous quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The 9th block probably needs a word in it. Thanks for a colorful start to my morning!
Happy New Year!

Clare said...

It always amazes me how much fabric goes into those blocks and how quickly the scrap bin goes down.

Happy New Year!

Diane said...

These are fabulous! How do they all look together? I like Wanda's idea to add a word block. How about "SCRAPS"?

Shelina said...

All eight of these are so beautiful - so bright and colorful and exuberant! I give you permission to go shopping for more!