Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude and Giving



Let It Be, Stash Soup, and Pink at Play are finished and
will be on their way to Bumble Beans BASICS Quilt Gather next week.


Warm and Cozy, Whiskers, Blue Moon, and French Roast are also finished
and will soon be on their way to California
for participants in the Alzheimer's Study Group at USC.


This group of colorful pillowcases
will be headed to Margaret's Hope Chest in Michigan.

Giving . . .

The needs are so great . . .

My offerings may be only a drop in that bucket but
I believe in the power of many people doing small things
and how those combined efforts do make a difference.

Gratitude . . . 

I'm grateful that I'm able to do at least this much.

But I couldn't do this alone . . .

I'm also grateful for Chris, my long-arm quilty friend, and her amazing skill.

I'm grateful for my family ~ their patience, encouragement, and support.

and

I'm forever grateful for the inspiration of others ~ for their light when I'm feeling dull.

After all ~

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it 
is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
(William Arthur Ward)


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely not a drop in the bucket and they will ALL be well loved! You make a difference. Happy Thanksgiving!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Not a drop at all.An awesome, awesome stacked full of wonderfulness pile.

You are my hero, Julie. Blessings today and always and may the world figure out how to clone you ;)

Susan said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Julie!

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

Vivian said...

That's a gusher of a drop! You are truly a giving person so I know that many blessings have and will come back to you in your life. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Magpie Sue said...

You and your example are one of the multitude of blessings for which I am grateful this year.