Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Colors in Waiting


This is the rocking chair in my studio ~
even though you can't see it right now!

Exuberant Colorwash is on the left.
The back for Summertime is in the middle.
Senescence is on the right.

Be still my heart!

Exuberant Colorwash is an incredible flimsy 
that I purchased from Wanda earlier this year.
She did the most amazing work on this 45 x 63 batik beauty . . .
and very soon EC will be winging its way across the country
to Carla Barrett, the Quilt Whisperer, for quilting.
Once finished, this quilt will hang in my studio
(where Jester is now).


Quiltdivajulie
-------------------
“Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.”  (Adriaan Kortlandt)

4 comments:

Clare said...

A riot of colour. I love Wanda's work.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to EC coming back from Carla! I have seen her work only from the computer screen, I will be so excited to see her quilting, in person!!! I really enjoyed taking her online class, thanks for telling me about her, it has been a great blessing!

Barb said...

You are right..............such beautiful color!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a beautiful photo! I was smiling before I even got to the words.