After six weeks of intense quilty activity,
the time has come to re-group.
Here's a look around my studio . . .
The binding tree holds bindings for six in-process quilts:
Comforting Chaos, Warm and Cozy, Stash Soup,
and Pink at Play (all pay it forward projects with Chris for quilting)
along with Dancing Star and Cran-Apple Crisp
(to go to Chris the next time we meet).
It has been a year this week since MIL took her last breath ~
way past time to finish the second pillow sham
for Ochenta (her 80th birthday quilt
that now lives on our guest bed.
I really need to spend a few hours
putting away the unused fabrics
from my recent Folk School adventure
(the three boxes on the right landed back on my cutting table
and haven't moved since Sept. 12 . . . )
Soothing Interlude has made its way
to Michigan for my sister's birthday . . .
. . . and I have stitched the first few segments for Summertime.
Breathing in . . . breathing out . . .
Here's to the weekend!
Quiltdivajulie
5 comments:
Lots of quilts in progress! But that is half the fun!
Don't you just love a busy quilt space humming with activity and projects (finished and not)?
Love that binding tree!
I always enjoy the way you express your quilt life which is to say your life. Lovely, soothing post.
Let me just echo what Karendianne said.
Can't believe it's been a year already since your MIL passed. Time does slip away unnoticed, doesn't it?
That binding tree has to be one of the happiest sights I've seen this week!
I'd say even your chaos looks organized to me... I have lots "out" right now too... breathing in and out, as prescribed. ;)
Post a Comment