Can you tell what I spent time doing this weekend?
I am totally in love
with the way the binding plays
with the colors of Spirit Song!
(and to think ~
Chris bought the binding fabric
over 5 years ago when her idea
for her version
of what eventually
was fresh and new
and the class we both took
had barely begun.)
The view as I glanced up from my work . . .
You are not seeing things.
The first vertical row of
Stars Over Leehaven
has been assembled!
The 300 inches of binding is done!
At long last!
I still need to
left-handedly
attach the hanging sleeves.
The sleeves are 68" wide
and I can only stitch 15-20" at a time
so that means at least another week or so
before "the finish."
And then,
(assuming these ridiculous
- and dangerous -
heat-index-over-115 days end),
an outdoor photo shoot for Spirit Song will happen.
This quilt has absolutely been worth the long wait!
5 comments:
Stunning views from your little corner of the world, simply stunning!
Yay!! I am so happy for you that this is complete! It is such gorgeous quilt too. Don't forget the label.
Colours are superb. Lovely binding.
The colors are so spectacular and scream 'HAPPY' or should I say they SING HAPPY!!!! The photo of the binding going on the machine is really cool!
I can't wait to see the finished product. I've loved this quilt from the first time I saw you post about it.
Post a Comment