Friday, August 6, 2010

Catching My Breath


I finally took time to sort the stacks of fabric
for several quilts that have been 
roaming about in my head.

Summertime (leftovers)
Have A Seat
Good Morning Purple
Handle With Care
Dancing Star
and my bucket list SpiderWeb project

Not sure when I'll get working strips and pieces cut,
but at least the colors and general ideas 
are now safe in these boxes.


Speaking of "cut" ~
along with the snips,
I purchased two pair of 8-1/2" utility scissors.

The Fiskars are an updated version of a pair
I have used for years.
These move much more easily (and they're sharper).

The bent Wescotts are super sharp
and work for left or right handed use.
(When I need wonky cuts now, I use my left hand.)


The pieces for hanging sleeves and binding 
for Spirit Song
are waiting for me to sit and stitch
but
the heat index has been 
well over 115 every day this week
(at one point reaching nearly 130 just north of our house)
and, despite central air conditioning,
the oppressive weather is still exhausting.


So, instead of stitching,
I've been snapping idea photos
for my September class with Mary Lou Weidman
. . . 
I can SO see this character translated into fabric!

Be back Monday!

Quiltdivajulie


6 comments:

Millie said...

I wanna see you translate that little guy into fabric! I have a sneaking suspicion choosing the RIGHT fabric for his poofy little head will be a challenge!

Millie said...

I wanna see you translate that little guy into fabric! I have a sneaking suspicion choosing the RIGHT fabric for his poofy little head will be a challenge!

The Calico Cat said...

my bucket list SpiderWeb project

Hey, I have one of those too!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Darling post today! Hope your heat breaks soon, you are certainly due for some cool breezes! Maybe even so cool...you'll need to tug up a quilt or two at night...wouldn't that be heavenly? ;-)

Magpie Sue said...

CUTE fuzzy yellow thing! (chick?)

I really feel for y'all that are suffering with the extreme heat and humidity. Hope the temps break soon. Even 90 would feel better at this point eh?

Teresa said...

Hmmm...chickie looks a little like me after being out in the heat all day.