Sunday, July 25, 2010

Let It Be ~ PIF Finish


Let It Be was next in line for binding ~

This time I tried wearing my machine quilting glove
(and quickly remembered that it doesn't work well
when trying to hold with that hand and pin ...
pinned myself too many times
and finally removed the glove).


This was the scene on my work table.


And this was the scene as I glanced up from my work.

Talk about juxtaposition of style and color and just everything!


Binding stitched and ready to flip for stitching round number two.



This is the "after bath" pose on our front porch.

If any of you are huge fans of the kits from Connecting Threads, 
please stop reading here.

Chris bought their Emilie's Garden kit a couple of years ago.
She started it and lost interest.
Earlier this year, she passed it on to me to finish
as part of our fabric/stash recycling project.

I found the fabric to be slippery and extremely thready.
The colors lacked depth and felt lifeless.
It was hard to work on.
(not only because it was a kit,
 but because the fabrics didn't "feel good" when handled)

Chris used the winding plume panto and ecru thread for quilting.


I really wanted to see how I'd like the quilt after it was fully finished.

It did soften down after laundering
and it will certainly warm the heart
of a less fortunate senior
when it is gifted through the Silver Bells program in December;
but
 Chris and I are both very glad this one is finished.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the view from your table!! I have heard similar things about their fabric!

*karendianne. said...

Love the juxtaposition of color. That's my second thought after wondering how is Tippy?

Always kinda thought you get what you pay for so thanks for sharing this info although I am sorry it was at your pains to share it. Sure is pretty though, isn't it? Someone is going to be happy and bright by this gift.

Love what's going on behind the scenes. Design Walls are fun to spy, aren't they?

Denise :) said...

It will make a lovely (and much appreciated, I'm sure) gift. Glad for you that it's done and you can move on to something more enjoyable! I do have two kits from Connecting Threads that I haven't done anything with yet; uh oh! :)

Sequana said...

Well, it LOOKS really nice. *S* I don't have any kits from Connecting Threads, but I tried out some of their thread and just hated it. No matter what I used it for (hand or machine) it broke and/or tangled.

I really hate to think about new quilters trying to learn and using their stuff. :(

Anonymous said...

I still wonder what drew me to this kit?! The important thing is that someone will be very thankful to have it and all your hard work will be appreciated in the end.

Congrats to the finish!!