Thursday, July 1, 2010

Final Decision?


I've had this stash of fabrics set aside for months and months ... 
you can't see the greens, but there's a stack of them
ready and waiting.

Now that Spirit Song and Jester are at the binding stage,
I can begin work on another quilt top.

After plenty of pondering, quite a few sketches, 
and a LOT of mind changing,
I'm almost certain that I've finally (!) settled on a design. 

I will not be making my version as large as Bonnie's, 
and there's always the chance my layout will morph from hers
(it happened before with my Dandelion Detour and her Old Tobacco Road);
but I love the two color scrappy look;
and I can't wait to actually use that fabulous magnolia print
that originally inspired this combination!



I then planned to use these colors
after living in northern Indiana's Amish country for many years,
the colors remind me of peaceful summer cornfields,
bountiful autumn harvests,
ripening spring wheat, and
 the glorious, hardworking Clydesdale horses
 of well-tended farms.

Ideas are flowing . . .
but first, I need to cut into a lot of fabrics!

No more stash paralysis ~ let the process begin!

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Here's to a fresh, sharp rotary blade! And, she's off...

Chartreuse Moose said...

Can hardly wait to see what wonderful creation comes from this inspiration! It looks exciting!

Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, that IS a luscious magnolia print! Whatever you do, it's going to be gorgeous.

Darling Millie said...

That's the same magnolia fabric I used on the back of the Sunshine quit I made for my son. It is gorgeous!

Teresa said...

Love the design and the fabrics you have chosen. Now to see it come to life.

Anonymous said...

That group of fabric is beautiful!