Being of a curious mind, I naturally explored some of the artist's other work.
Oh, my goodness!
Please be sure to check out some of the most unique birdhouses ever! His NOLA series is amazing!
Now, where would a bird house be displayed? In a tree (or in this case, a blooming crape myrtle).
O most definitely agrees . . .
Binding update: It is going to take a while longer. I finally went to the doctor earlier this week because my right thumb has become more and more painful.
As suspected, I have osteoarthritis of the CMC joint (more common in women than men, and especially common in those who keyboard and/or use their hands a great deal - like me). So, I will continue to bind but only in short bursts (no more binding all the way through a 2 hour movie).
I'm also learning to computer-mouse with my left hand ~ a challenge (to be sure!), but I'm getting better at it every day (my co-workers aren't really laughing at me, they're smiling in sympathy knowing they could be next). Wearing my splint at night (and during the day when the pain flares) are other proactive steps in the right direction.
Finally, here's to the weekend ...
Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:
I know only too well what arthritis in your right thumb means. I can't hand sew anything for longer than 30 minutes. Take your time. Save your hand. Yours isn't ready quite yet!
I just finished Janet Berlo's book, that you mention on your blog... what a beautiful and heartwarming read that way. It helped me think about quilting and the role it plays in my life, and how I must and should celebrate that role!
Thanks for helping me find it.
Kate the Quilting Professor
http://quiltingprofessor.blogspot.com
What a drag. Here's to having lots of projects to work on, a little at a time!
I can so relate to your thumb problems. I've had CMC arthroplasty on both thumbs, and I am happy to say they are now generally pain free, and I was able to entirely stitch down the binding on my daughter's king quilt by hand. I generally do all my bindings by machine, but it's nice to be able to do hand stitching when I want to. The splints didn't really help me. Good luck with your thumbs--just wanted to let you know there are viable options.
Millie sure is going to love sniffing all the smells on O when it finally arrives here!
Post a Comment