This is Comforting Chaos ~ a scrappy bright warm-toned
Chinese Coins style PIF lap quilt.
And this is how to create a back
for a 43 x 66 flimsy using
roughly 2-1/2 yards of fabric (the stripe) ~
remembering that Chris needs an
extra six inches all around.
The long panel you see on the right is my
WOF yardage folded in half lengthwise.
I'll split that length vertically,
then stitch one length to each side of the
78" long pieced section
(created from leftover coins, leftover sashing ends,
and the last 1/2 yard or so of the
"long time waiting in my stash" stripe).
Once quilted and bound,
Comforting Chaos will be off to
warm the body and spirit of
an Alzheimer's study participant.
In another week, Chris and I will meet up
to swap quilted projects for flimsies in need of quilting.
The binding list continues to increase ~
but I now have a plan!
I am teaching myself to bind left-handed.
Took the first few awkward, tentative stitches yesterday.
Yes, I can do this!
1 comment:
I have always wanted to do a Coins quilt, this one looks great.
Post a Comment