Friday, June 11, 2010

Not Yet ... But Soon!



I will NOT start on this until the pickles are done! 

Karen Griska is holding a Quiltalong featuring her asterisk tutorial . . . you can see the fabrics I've pulled.

I've wanted to make a black and white and blue quilt since Jackie first started the Black and White Quilt Challenge but it just hadn't happened ~ until now (oops, I mean soon).

See, I've even  put the box of black and white fabrics way down there on the bottom shelf ~ behind my newly finished pondering chair.  [That's the liberated letters fabric for Jester on the end of the cutting table . . . Jester and Spirit Song MUST be flimsies before I can work on the asterisks . . . must resist . . .]

And no, you are not imaging things ~ I did change the template and design of the blog . . . how does it feel to you?  Yes?  No?  What works and what doesn't?  (Not promising I can figure out how to tweak certain bits and pieces, but I'll give it a try). 

Here's to the weekend!

Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Momma Made This said...

THAT'S what's different... you redecorated!

I love your combination of black, white and blue fabrics!

I've been following you for a little while, lurking, and I don't think I've taken the time to comment yet. I love the quote at the header of your blog! Is that new? (to the blog, not to the world...) : )

~ Ronda

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your new layout is nice. I like a white background for photos so your white borders around them takes care of that. Now if you would go into settings,comments, and change your comments to a pop up box, I could still view your blog while I am typing my comment.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your new layout looks great, the asterisk tutorial is tempting... I lve it!

Unknown said...

Oooo... Love Karen's Asterisk quilt. That is on my to do list! Can't do it right now though. But I look forward to seeing yours. And don't forget you can still post it on the BW Blog!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oh, the fabrics are so tempting, but again, I must have a red chair! Oh, I like the new layout too. I'm planning to do a redecorating on my blog too, as soon as this current rush is over. Enjoy your planning and your doing!

Selvage Quilter said...

I love your pickles! And your pondering chair. And your new blog layout. Wow, your creativity is positively crackling!
I can't wait to see your Asterisk blocks! I'm planning to make an Exhibit of Asterisk quilts for the Online Quilt Museum. Your black, white and blue will be awesome.

Magpie Sue said...

I'm afraid I'm going to be the dissenter regarding the new layout of your blog. Maybe it's the color I object to more than the layout. It's a good foil to the bright colors that so often appear in your photographs though!

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, I also wanted to say that the bin of black and white prints makes my mouth water!

I've just about decided that a painting of a red chair might be a better fit for me and this household. We'll see... ;- )