Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Countdown Continues (and the binding awaits)

14 . . .

13 . . . 

12 . . .

11 . . .

And, over on the other side of the studio ~ there are a lot of binding strips waiting to be stitched together.  The six quilts that belong to these bindings will be off to Chris in the next few days.  While the quilts are away, I'll get the bindings ready.  


I use an wooden old coat tree to hang the pressed binding strips while we wait ... colorful promises of good things to come.  [closet doors were removed for easier access and increased floor space]

Somehow, I suspect this, too, could be painted red one day in the not impossibly distant future!

Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are definitely teasing with those blocks now! I just love them! Great idea with the coat tree. It would look great in red!

*karendianne. said...

I tell ya, Julie, these blocks - a couple of them especially - really do make the passionate side of my heart beat faster. It's an amazing feeling.

Lisa Sipes said...

Those blocks are awesome! I'm thinking of doing one in the hoop on my embroidery machine. Love the Grandmother's Flower Garden in the background too!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Yes, you must paint the tree red. Great blocks... the quilt will be amazing! I cannot believe how you now have me thinking red whenever I look at wooden things in my house!

Magpie Sue said...

When I flew through here the other day one of my first thoughts was that the coat tree needed to be painted red!