Spirit Song, the flimsy, has been properly pressed.
The back has been stitched, pressed, and trimmed.
This photo was taken as they hang over the balcony
(this shows the lower 1/2 of the flimsy)
The label will be applied tonight and then ~ off to Chris for quilting!
When all is said and done, this is where Spirit Song will hang . . .
Colors of Joy has hung on a wall ever since it was created,
so I can't wait to be able to use it as a lap quilt!
I've sketched out my new plan for Jester and started stitching all those bonus half-square triangles into usable segments ... looks like it will finish out at just over 60" square ~ perfect for a table topper in our kitchen!
Thanks to all who have shared the colorful, ongoing evolution of these quilts ~ even though it didn't end the way we expected. Once again, it pays to set aside our pre-conceived ideas and just listen to our quilts.
Quiltdivajulie
---------------------
"Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused." (African saying)


6 comments:
It looks fantastic, Julie! I can't wait to see it all quilted!
Wonderful! You have picked such great colors and the border unites them all. Good job!
Very nice border for great blocks. Can't wait until it comes back all quilted and ready to hang.
It looks great! Wonderful quilt top.
Fabulous, what great colors.
I'm so absorbed in this that apparently I've flaked out and spaced out and missed commented twice!
Which goes to show you I've been here more than once to stare in awe at this quilt.
Post a Comment