Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Red Chair Dreams


I've always loved red chairs . . . like this one painted by KGreen . . . 


and this one painted by Caprice Clark.


There's this one, painted by Laura Verdu. . .


And this one - entitled "Fort Garland: The Red Chair" by Lela Bouse-McCracken.

My late mother-in-law had a petite colonial-red plank chair in her bedroom.  DH says she had it from the time he could remember.  We don't have it now (it wasn't the least bit comfortable - only to look and pile things on).

Over the weekend, our younger son returned a chair that he borrowed several years ago and it is perfect to become MY red chair (once I paint it, that is).

Wish me luck ...

Quiltdivajulie
----------------
"When in doubt, wear red."  (Bill Blaiss)

5 comments:

Twisted Quilts said...

WOW what a cool idea. In one of Gwen Marston's book she has a chair quilt. I think it is her LQ2. You can make a red chair quilt to go with your red chair!!

Mary said...

Those paintings make me want to paint an old office chair red!

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh I love all of these.

Magpie Sue said...

Ooo, fun! You could even make a red chair quilt afterward :- )
[There's someone out there, I can't think of her name at the moment, who makes pieced chair images. Chairs very like the ones in the paintings.]

Oh. I see someone has already mentioned this. Oh well!

Sujata Shah said...

I like the idea of chair in a quilt! How about starting a RED CHAIR GROUP? I will make one too! I think I have seen a few on flickr by 'Love laugh quilt'