Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Soothing Interlude

Soothing Interlude (the flimsy) is finished!  There will be a second PIF (pay it forward) quilt made with the Sassy Sixteen pattern ~ for the warm toned pieces from Chris's stash reduction/recycling "Angels Among Us" fabrics.

When I cut out the squares and rectangles, I didn't "count" as I went ~ I just cut as many as possible.  When it came time to piece the back, I stitched all those leftovers together and inserted the strip between the lengths.  Used up the leftovers AND had a large enough piece of that gorgeous (on sale) backing for binding strips ~ I like that feeling!


Really, really happy with the way these colors play together ~ now it is off to Chris for quilting and then into my PIF closet for distribution late in the year.  

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for that soothing interlude! I really needed something soothing right now and it is beautiful!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Oooh, that is really lovely. You did a great job of putting everything in just the right place. Yum!

Magpie Sue said...

That's a perfect name for this quilt. I can see it quilted with musical notes or something, just to add to the connotation. I wish I could come up with really good names for the quilts I make!

*karendianne. said...

JULIE HELLO? This is really super pretty.