During one of our conversations, I said something about setting aside the pieces she was certain she wouldn't use and we'd use those to create charity quilts. Well . . . when we met up earlier this week to swap unfinished for finished quilts, she brought me several boxes of fabric.
Last night, I dumped it all out and sorted enough groups to create at least seven (yes, SEVEN) quilt tops! There will be 4 (maybe 5) lap size yellow brick road quilts, a baby quilt like the ones I've made for co-workers using the Little Bits pattern, and a coffee/bistro themed quilt (maybe 2). I'm guessing there will be enough bits and pieces for lots of scrappy binding and I'll be on the lookout for discounted backing fabrics.
No promises on how quickly I'll get these cut out and stitched, ready for Chris to quilt, but they will be done for the 2010 Pay It Forward effort!
And here is a tiny sneak peak of the binding work that is happening on No Words Needed. Chris added some totally awesome custom quilting that I'll share as soon as the binding is finished. It is definitely worth the wait!Quiltdivajulie
2 comments:
Love those fabrics on the quilt.
WOW...that is a lot of fabric she gave to you. I love digging through my fabrics for projects, but it does seem like they keep growing.
Post a Comment