Thursday, April 15, 2010

No Words Needed ~ Finished!!

This is the lettered back (quilt hanging on the design wall). Participating in Tonya's 2010 Liberated Amish Get Together has been a LOT of fun! If you haven't checked out the other quilts being created during this international challenge, click here (and be sure to visit the Flickr photo album).

Here's the liberated front. Now ~ for those of you who have been following my blog, you know I take and understand the need for "proper" quilt photos. But . . . you also know my favorites are the candid shots. So . . . .

No Words Needed and I spent Wednesday's lunch hour in the gardens of The Dixon ~ 80 degrees and sunny ~ fabulous! So is the custom quilting that Chris added to this quilt . . . the more you look, the more you'll see why I love this quilt!

The azaleas around town are in glorious bloom ~ what a backdrop for a quilt photo!

And since No Words Needed became an essentially reversible quilt, here is the "other side."

Enlarge any photo to check out the details, and enjoy!

Quiltdivajulie

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie, It turned out just beautiful! I can see why you love it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm at a loss for words!

Stunning!!

Twisted Quilts said...

I don't know what to say, absolutely gorgeous. Using the strata in a HST is a great idea. How big are your squares?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is spectacular. I think it would be hard to say which is the front, which is great on a lap quilt because you can see both sides then.

Barb said...

Your quilt turned out amazing, what I like is that you can use either side, what a fun thing to do...I think I am too lazy to do that.

Vicki W said...

Absolutely fabulous!

Laura said...

Great job Julie! I love making quilts reversable.

Elsie Montgomery said...

YUM!

Denise :) said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I love both sides. I think I like your candid shots the best...the azalea is beautiful! :)

Quilting Journey said...

Absolutely gorgeous and the natural setting photos only add to the richness of colors and charm. I just love it, what a great team you and Chris make!

Susan said...

Beautiful...just beautiful!

Zlaty said...

Great quilt! I like how you hav the words on the back! I saw the quilt on Quilting4U blog so i had to come have a look!

Happy sewing!