Monday, April 26, 2010

Milestone

These are the "darks" . . .

These are the "lights" . . .

And here are 60+ 9" dark tumblers and 48+ 9" light tumblers stacked and pinned on the design wall (there are more fabrics involved than you can see here).

Why Milestone? I've tried off and on, unsuccessfully, to work with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. This time, it was a pattern (Lava Lamps) that convinced me it was high time to move forward and make my first full-size KF flimsy (Tippy's charm square topper really doesn't count). I have an awesome plan for a pieced back, too ~ but that's for another day (nothing cut out yet, only stacked).

Milestone will be my back-up project to the finicky curved piecing of the remaining pickle blocks. We'll see if it can stay that way or if it will take over and demand to be assembled sooner (my hunch is the sooner scenario).

Another work week . . . hoping to find some stitching time during the evenings!

Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Lava lamp sounds cool!

Susan said...

Love those fabrics...it's going to be a great quilt!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I've not been able to work with his fabrics either. I need to spend a week or so with Wanda, who revels in them. Do you read her at Exuberant Color?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That looks like a good pattern to show off the prints too.

Barb said...

Hi -
Just came over from the Selvage quilt blog -
Love you label and your blog is fun - I'll be back

Barb said...

Oh, by the way, I love these tumblers, pretty fabrics

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabrics! Stop by my website later this week for a Kaffe Fassett giveaway!