Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"H" is For . . .

It is finished! It's been such a long time since I bought the set of floral fabric strips from Wanda . . . you can find her H tutorial here.


Here's a single close-up of my 45" x 60" lap quilt. The complete set of photos are here. I hope you'll take a moment to view the slideshow . . .

In keeping with the gorgeous florals in the quilt, here are a couple of azaleas that were blooming nearby.

There are more flower photos in H's photo album. The azaleas are truly spectacular this year!

This cheeky mockingbird provided a non-stop serenade while I was taking these photos. What a wonderful lunch hour!

Today's post has been brought to you by the letter "H" . . .

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------
"Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you." (Nathaniel Hawthorne)

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

H has a wikipedia entry - I never would have guessed & now I something else to research in wiki... (letters!)

Laura said...

Beautiful quilt Julie! Love the colorwash look.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Now I need to make something out of the matching set of fabrics that I kept. I love florals all jumbled together.

Vicki W said...

You azaleas are beautiful and so is the quilt!

savoyarde said...

thinks for the picture, she is very beautiful, bises

arlette croixpatch74