Sometimes, you just have to listed to that voice inside ~ you know, the one that keeps nagging and won't go away. Case in point here is Waste Not Want Not, my second project for the 2010 Liberated Amish Get Together.
A while back, the flimsy and back were handed off to Chris for quilting.
Late last week, I sent an "urgent recall" e-mail asking her to mail it back to me. Even though things 'worked' the way they were ~ I was not satisfied with what I had done and that was going to bug me forever.
I've removed the top and bottom borders, pieced a word or two using liberated letters, and continue to ponder reassembly options for the flimsy and a label for the back. The good news ~ I'm already happier with it than I was before.
Unfortunately, I've been pretty distracted this week and haven't had much time to indulge in designing or piecing. DS the elder was admitted to the hospital Tuesday evening with a seriously swollen and inflammed knee. The technical name is "prepatellar septic bursitis" while the more common names are "roofer's knee" or "housemaid's knee." The heavy-duty IV antibiotics have caused some improvement in certain areas, but the redness has continued to expand beyond the ink-line circle drawn in the ER Tuesday evening. More bloodwork has been ordered to help determine the next steps . . . meanwhile, we all wait (including his wife, who is several states away on a 2-week business trip). He's passing the time propped up in the bed with his office laptop and cell phone doing some of the work he would normally do at his own hospital (although he is working more slowly due to the location of the sizeable IV needle and pain meds). Any prayers for healing and recovery would be most welcome!
Quiltdivajulie
A while back, the flimsy and back were handed off to Chris for quilting.
Late last week, I sent an "urgent recall" e-mail asking her to mail it back to me. Even though things 'worked' the way they were ~ I was not satisfied with what I had done and that was going to bug me forever.
I've removed the top and bottom borders, pieced a word or two using liberated letters, and continue to ponder reassembly options for the flimsy and a label for the back. The good news ~ I'm already happier with it than I was before.
Unfortunately, I've been pretty distracted this week and haven't had much time to indulge in designing or piecing. DS the elder was admitted to the hospital Tuesday evening with a seriously swollen and inflammed knee. The technical name is "prepatellar septic bursitis" while the more common names are "roofer's knee" or "housemaid's knee." The heavy-duty IV antibiotics have caused some improvement in certain areas, but the redness has continued to expand beyond the ink-line circle drawn in the ER Tuesday evening. More bloodwork has been ordered to help determine the next steps . . . meanwhile, we all wait (including his wife, who is several states away on a 2-week business trip). He's passing the time propped up in the bed with his office laptop and cell phone doing some of the work he would normally do at his own hospital (although he is working more slowly due to the location of the sizeable IV needle and pain meds). Any prayers for healing and recovery would be most welcome!
Quiltdivajulie
7 comments:
Oh no! I'm lifting prayers on your behalf right now! :)
I've also heard it calls nun's knee...always on their knees praying. Our bodies are amazing things, but when something goes wrong, life as we know it changes in a hurry!
But happy is good and prayers are amazing. Those things I know for sure!
Good energy your son's way. And I LOVE your added words on the quilt - good choice!
We just have to let the quilts tell us what they want.
I hope your son has a speedy recovery. that sounds painful.
your poor son. that "septic" bit sounds bad. meanwhile, woohoo on the quilt top redo!!!!!
Your son is on my prayer list. Good luck to all of you.
Comforting prayers coming to you at this very moment dearest of friends.
Great story to share with regards to the evolution of this quilt. Wonderful story. From the heart, delightful and well written! True life moments such as this are special and yet another reason I enjoy blogging.
And gf, diggin' that border work. Totally diggin' that. You amaze me. "fer real."
Post a Comment