Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's In Your Bookbag?

What's in your book bag these days?

These six came to work with me since it's my day to cover the front desk during the lunch hour. Guess what I'll be doing between incoming phone calls?

I'm participating in Tonya's Lazy Gal Liberated Amish Get Together so I'm doing my 'research' before I cut into this stack of fabrics that have been patiently waiting in my design room for weeks and weeks.

First pulled for Bonnie's Carolina Christmas mystery quilt (which I watched and chose not to make), I then settled on a spiderweb quilt, figuring I would use bits and pieces from the tutorials shared by Marit and Bonnie, along with inspiration from Brenda and others ~ like these beauties that I found whilst blog surfing (although I neglected to note where I found these amazing kaledio-webbish quilts).



Be still my heart . . .

[Added later: the scrappy kaleidoscope quilt was featured in this post ~ thanks, Kristin!]
[Added even later: the spiderweb quilt came from Delphine of France here]

Then along came Tonya's challenge . . . initially drawn to the Roman Stripe block and its many variations, I'm now aiming for the top of my quilty bucket list ~ a liberated wedding ring.

Time will tell but there may be more than one quilt come of this challenge (I'm feeling a series of three), so I'll save every scrap as I work on the first one to create a new stash for another of my bucket list quilts ~ a liberated log cabin (wall hanging size). My guess this maybe-a-trilogy will end with a Roman Stripe lap quilt.

No guarantees ~ that would contradict the very nature of the liberated process. Asian Odyssey will be birthday-gifted this weekend and Pass the Pickles Please is back on one design wall as my little-at-a-time project ~ but there will be plenty of colorful liberated scrappiness elsewhere!

Wish me luck and stay tuned!

Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That sounds like a lunch hour you won't want to leave.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I've been carrying around those top three books, along with some more Amish quilt books... wheee, fun!

beth said...

I have most of the books pictured and just bought the lib.quilt II today! Guess what I'm doing tonight?

Linda said...

I recently ordered the second Collaborative Quilting book and Out of the Box from Amazon......they sould arrive today - this evening brings Olympics and reading!!!! And some hand pieceing my Olympic quilt for this year - see my blog.

Kristin Shields said...

The spider web quilt photo is from my blog. You can see the original post here:

http://knitonequilttoo.typepad.com/knit_one_quilt_too/2010/01/collaborative-quilt-5-spider-web.html

Selvage Quilter said...

That spider web quilt knocks my socks off! Those are great books. I'm so excited that my quilt is in the Lib. Quilting 2 book on page 43. Gwen is one of my all-time favorite quilters.
Karen