Saturday, February 13, 2010

Studio Saturday

Well, at least half a day . . . the rest was devoted to laundry and paperwork, cleaning up all the piles of stuff we plopped down all week, and giving the cat a bath (thankfully she IS feeling better, but her fur was a mess from the trip to the v-e-t).

Sweet Cream Roses has been hung up on the wall of my design room! This quilt was created with all the leftover bits after I finished Ice Cream Roses and Ice Cream Social. There are hand-stitched and machine-stitched roses, scrappy blocks, and regular blocks, and the back took some planning to get it to come out to the right size! It is a carefree, comfortable piece and it makes me smile as it gently reminds me that liberated is GOOD.

Like many others, I've been stashing binding to stitch during the Winter Olympics. Here's my list: His Favorite Jeans (the selvage zinger quilt made with eldest son's worn out jeans), two wedding dress satin runners, hanging sleeves for all three satin runners, binding on Antidote, and binding on the first donation quilt for 2010. I can't hand stitch for hours on end like I used to ~ maybe an hour or so at a time now. Sigh.

Best of all, though ~ I finally stopped dithering and cut into that glorious stack of fabrics for my first Liberated Amish Get Together project. Click here to see my post on that blog.

The sun was out today ~ oh, how wonderful. The snow has not vanished yet, but the birds were singing today (always a good sign).

Here's to the weekend!

Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually working on a very similar quilt. Three size flowers then a yoyo and a button. I'm also quilting it as I go. All very soft florals.

*karendianne. said...

Glad to hear Angel is feel better but yeah, I bet her fur was a mess. Bless her heart.

Julie, oh my gosh this version of Sweet Cream Roses is DIVINE! This makes me so happy. It is carefree and comfortable and it too makes me smile.

Your first Liberated Amish Quilt?! Oh my. Can't wait for that.

Tammy said...

Love the sweet cream roses quilt, just so soft and relaxing to look at. By the way, my hubby and I both got t-shirts about for the Alzheimers art quilt initiative, just trying to do a little to support the cause. I am still so touch that you included my MIL's name and the quilt was so beautiful and reading how it's put together, wrong side of the fabric used and why. It still just brings a tear to my eyes