It is threatening to take over my life . . . between what accumulates in the kitchen, what is stacked on my desk upstairs, and what is lurking in the boxes we brought from MIL's house . . . I am drowning in paper (a nightmare that woke me over the weekend made me realize it was way beyond time to deal with the nagging issue)!
I spent a large part of the weekend capturing random scraps of information in my electronic calendar and address book before joyfully tossing those many sheets of paper, but I'll need to spend many more hours to work my way through what has gotten so far ahead of me. No significant studio time until this paper tiger is brought to his knees (although I have a plentiful stack of hand stitching/binding that I can work on so I don't completely lose my fabric-loving mind . . . and our daughter in law's birthday is next weekend, so I must get the final pieces attached to her quilt and the label made and sewn in place SOON).If you don't hear from me for a few days, you'll know why!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------
"The shortest answer is just doing the thing." (Ernest Hemingway)
Photo credits:
Word Art: Google Images
7 comments:
Oh wow, it sounds rather like you're getting a head start on spring cleaning! How about them apples? hee! *karendianne.
its taken me 4 years to cart out over 75 ...32 gallon ...bags out of my parents up here in alaska in my 'spare' time
we had sears roebuck and spiegel catalogs and calenders back to 1971 ...the year they rebuilt after our orig house burned down
my life is piled high with paper tigers drama on top of broken bones, alzheimers and heart attacks!
breathe in.......
breathe out ;)
love the little paper tiger:)
It sounds like you are making good progress!
I loved your post and I feel your pain! Boy, do I understand and wish you much luck!
I especially like the part when you referred to your 'fabric loving mind'. You are such fun, even when things aren't going so perfect!
Good luck!
I love that paper tiger image - did you make it yourself? It would look great above my messy desk, glaring at me! However, as quilters, a fabric tiger would maybe be a good idea too? LOL!
Good luck.....let me know how you do....I have a ton of random papers too...
I'm going to have to brave a paper tiger here too very soon. NOT looking forward to it.
Post a Comment