
This was the scene when we woke up Monday morning (remember, we live in the mid-SOUTH). Schools were closed, the courts were closed, doctor and dentist offices were closed, & at least one local university was closed . . . but were DH's or my office closed? Nooooooooo . . .

Over the weekend, we had finally figured out why Miss Angel hadn't been eating well . . . a broken/infected tooth! So, we were off through the snow to the vet for a 9 am appointment. Diagnosis? The tooth had to be removed (they cleaned the tartar and plaque off the rest of her teeth while she was sedated) and her bloodwork indicated a mild bladder infection. She will be getting an antibiotic daily for 14 days. Here's hoping she feels better soon!

My office finally closed at 3 pm . . . now, I don't know about ya'll, but I am NOT going to deal with paper when I get off work for snow! Unfortunately, the snow changed to rain, then to sleet, then to snow again, then more rain . . . with the temps hovering at the freezing mark. By 6pm it was very soggy and NOT so pretty.

I used my bonus hours to machine stitch the binding to this little gem. Back in early September, several of us made liberated blocks in solids for what would become a
get-well surprise quilt for Tonya. MIL was in the hospital so I just tossed the leftovers into a basket. After they turned into a scrappy 40" x 50" flimsy nicknamed Liberated Leftovers (click to enlarge), my original plan was to hand quilt using Tonya's freehand fans ~ my wrist and hand let me know in a hurry that my plan needed to change, asap. (Oh, Chris . . . I have another one for you . . .)
Today, as I attached the binding (with doo wop playing in the background), I just knew there HAD to be a better name. Then, all at once, there it was ~ Antidote. Is there any better antidote for cold, sloppy wet weather than COLOR? I think not.
Once I have hand stitched the binding in place, Antidote will hang on the wall in my studio ~ beside my grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I hope her work made her as happy as mine does me!
Quiltdivajulie
8 comments:
Antidote! Love it. Love the quilt. Love the name. Love the whole darned thing.
Liberated quilting...Love it!
Looks like we're back to the 1970-80s weather patterns again. Just as I was getting used to mild winters.
brr on the snow. eek. great quilt though - you did a wonderful job.
p.s. forgot to say - ouch, poor Angel baby. hope she feels better soonest. Lily is happily taking her antibiotics because I squirt it into Fancy Feast, so she's living the high life.
Antidote is the perfect response to our weather lately!
What a neat little quilt! You are right - color is the antidote. You should see my PC wallpaper today... in contrast to the weather outside. The sky is dreary, almost a whiteout, but more apt is greyout, along with lots of snow, a foot of frozen slush on the streets. I'm glad my car is not low slung! One good thing about a miserable winter --- this too shall pass.
Fun quilt and gosh, glad to know Angel is recovering but bless her little kitty self. Wish they could tell us humans what was wrong so they didn't have to suffer through. Poor babies. Good we have readily available Vets these days though.
Several days late, but I hope that Miss Angel is feeling better. My girl is down to 4 fangs for that very reason...
Post a Comment