
As an antidote for gray skies, I raided my stash of 2-1/2" strips (my version of Bonnie's
Scrap User's System) ~ then chain stitched the scrappy colors and random lengths together before cutting the one
very long strip into 65" lengths. Here you can see the results pinned on Design Wall No. 2, waiting to be stitched together.

Next I raided my remaining stash of greens (what remained after
IBOL) and came up with enough 16-1/2" squares (many with sub parts yet to be assembled) to piece a randomly scrappy back for what I am calling "
Stash Soup" (eventually destined for the Mountain Baby Blanket Project).

My selvage 'zinger' quilt is almost ready for assembly! I still need to cut 4 corner blocks and strips for the skinny inner borders ~ but this one won't be stuck on Design Wall No. 1 too much longer. There are several others just waiting for their chance to take its place . . .
Quiltdivajulie-------------------
"It is not the form that dictates the color, but the color that brings out the form."
(Hans Hofmann)
13 comments:
Bright fabrics on a gray day is wonderful! I love your selvage quilt.
Bright fabrics on a gray day is wonderful! I love your selvage quilt.
That green one is awesome!!!
I'd say both of your design walls are pretty fabulous right now.
Oh, such lovely, lovely rainbow fun! A few gray skies or even gray edges;) can't undo any of that brightness that was lying right there within your lovely, artistic reach!Such beauty comes from your heart and your hands...blessings flow!
I love that scrap quilt on your wall. It's fun to leave part of the design process to chance by sewing that long long strip then cutting it into lengths and seeing what you get!
The Zinger is coming along great. Take a look at the February block at www.empirebom.blogspot.com to see my fan. This would be perfect in the corners of your Zinger. Let me know what you think.
Your blog is always fun.
Karen
they all look great from up here in Winnipeg! I especially like the random strip quilt. I've been wanting to do one of those myself and you inspired me. and the zinger is great too!
Gosh you have some happy going on here! When I noticed everything I was reminded of a quote I saw: "There is within each of us the possibility of magnificence. Every moment is an opportunity to make it manifest. Let the spirit awaken you to a miraculous life." - that's YOU!
How wonderful! Your colors and ideas brightened my day too... it is very dull and gray here and how nice to share in the bright spots you have created.
The strips quilt looks like a lot of fun!
Wow, I love the 2 1/2 inch strips.. what a neat idea. I must remember that... brilliant absolutely awesome.
Gorgeous colours. Enough to cheer anyone up.
Lots of wonderful projects there. I am admiring your green fabrics as well - I'm going to be making one for my bed hopefully soon. Love the quilts in your previous posts.
Post a Comment