Eventide has finally been hung up in DH's home office (he's a telecommuter located in what used to be our oldest son's bedroom). Sure wish I had a window like his at my desk!
Speaking of my desk, here's my latest small quilt: Teapot & Rosewater Jug (one of her series by this name) by Dijanne Cevall of Australia. Here's what she recently posted: there is quite some process involved in making them- papers have to be painted then printed, then transferred to lutradur, background fabric needs to be dyed, then the whole is stitched and then satin stitched bound. [Note ~ the boys in the photo are now almost 31 and 28!]
And these are my three Iraqi Bundles of Love boxes. They've been shipped (no thanks to the USPS clerk who decided he had to leave for lunch in the middle of my transaction) and are on their way across the ocean.Update on pattern giveaway - the patterns went in the mail today. Again, many thanks for the kind words and good thoughts!
Re MIL's diagnosis after the MRI ~ there is a reason she's been in such pain. She has the expected pinched nerve (stenosis) in the lumbar section of her spine but she also has two (2) sacral insufficiency fractures (translation - due to osteoporosis, the thinned bones in the back of her pelvis have developed fractures.) Treatment? Pain pills, patience, continued use of her walker/cane as needed, and time. She goes back in a month for x-rays to check on the healing. Words to the wise: Drink your milk and/or take your calcium or other bone density medication NOW before your bones thin any further.
Looking forward to the weekend ~ time will tell what it brings!
Quiltdivajulie
-------------
"This time, like all times, is a very good one; if we but know what to do with it." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Looking forward to the weekend ~ time will tell what it brings!
Quiltdivajulie
-------------
"This time, like all times, is a very good one; if we but know what to do with it." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
11 comments:
I like the way you have displayed your quilts throughout your home and office!
I wanted to start off with that amazing photo of "on display" Eventide. I did that. A quilt rack is a grand idea. No, wait. Delightful. And I wanted to comment on Angel and MIL. Am I running out of allotted space? Wait, No Rules!
I didn't recall that babygirl was sick. Poor Angel. But gosh that's a rockin' cool picture of her Miss Thang Attitude! I dig it. It's so funny and cool, too.
I'm getting with message about the bones and sending some healing thoughts to MIL. I do have a question though. What about driving? She's a sneaky little MIL and I was wondering if that was okay or if she had to be on lockdown?
Oh wait, on more thing. Patterns are coming? Yippie
Hey, I am glad Angel is getting better. She looks a little skinny. I know how bad it feels when your little furry friends are not well. Hopefully, she will continue to get better and back to herself!
Sorry there isn't a speedier and easier solution to your MIL pain -- on the other hand it does sound like she's expected to recover and this wont be chronic! :-)
LOVE the small piece of art you've added to your desk area. Its absolutely stunning.
Glad Angel is doing better, even if she is cranky about it. the quilts look great on display.
Fabulous displays abound every where in your home! Love them and do so love Miss Angel's slightly less than angelic look. Priceless...as are all of the quilts and good you do in this world :)
Julie,
What a stunning quilt rack and it is filled with some wonderful quilts. I love the floral one..
I love your desk quilt and Even tide looks great in its spot in your husband's office area.
Do you look at your son's photos and wonder where the time went- We have a 21 year old and it doesn't seem possible that he is grown up...
I hope they will be able to help your MIL feel more comfortable. I saw an add to take my Caltrate calcium the other day -
Hope you have a terrific weekend!
Regards,
Anna
That rack is perfect for displaying quilts. I envy your new windows. I won't be able to do that with my house but it would sure be nice, especially on the west picture window.
Your hubby's quilt looks terrific on that wall.
Hope your MIL will be careful and not fall. My mother had a couple stress fractures in her back and I know they were painful.
well, i sure hope you didn't get the blah blah blah treatment from the vet. i immediately translated the look on miss angel's adorable face as demanding her supper! love the quilt rack; hate to hear about the postal service employee. sounds like the twin works down here . . .
Your quilt rack is super! Great idea. Eventide is stunning - what a great greeting to work, as is your little gem at your desk.
Glad to hear Miss Angel is feeling better - it's no fun when your furbabies are sick. Poor kitty. Love that face!
I hope your MIL will take care of herself, and get to feeling better. That sounds quite painful. I'll think good thoughts for her.
Post a Comment