Saturday, June 6, 2009

Meet Me in the Rose Garden

Earlier this year, I took two days of vacation in the middle of a week in order to attend one of Bonnie's trunk shows and participate in her Sister's Choice half-day workshop in Franklin, TN.

The quilt above ~ Meet Me in the Rose Garden ~ is the result. Pieced entirely from stash fabrics and quilted by Chris with traditional Baptist Fans, it has been laundered and is ready to become one of our use-me-often quilts.

Rose Garden and I went to Shelby Farms at lunchtime on Friday to soak up some sunshine and enjoy the breezy, beautiful scenery. I had to stop and wait while this growing family crossed the road ~


Eating lunch at the park is definitely better than eating at my desk!


Especially when your picnic table is under a tree like this one . . .


Did I mention it was breezy?!?


Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------------------
"Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars. . . and if you have eyes you will be able to see that their whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason. . ." (Osho)

12 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

A beautiful quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's completely wonderful, thanks for sharing this peaceful respite.

antique quilter said...

very pretty quilt
Love the outdoor pictures!
Isn't if great to make a quilt from our fabric collection
Love the quilting too
my favorite pattern.
kathie

jovaliquilts said...

I just had to wait for a family of geese the other day, and what a pleasure to watch them! Nice quilt -- it must have really been fun to work with Bonnie.

Clare said...

Beautifully done. Congratulations.

Lunch outside - wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I just love it!!!! It looks so much better after being washed!!! Love the way it crinkled!

Gari in AL said...

YOur quilt is beautiful and the picnic, with the quilt, was such a good idea. And, wasn't Bonnie fun? She completely wore me out when I saw her in October.

Cher said...

what a wonderful picnic quilt...and a lovely day to enjoy it

Magpie Sue said...

What a great place to have lunch!

Teresa said...

I am with you on the picnic. I just love being in the outdoors and just enjoying nature. Great job on your quilt.

Teresa said...

I am with you on the picnic. I just love being in the outdoors and just enjoying nature. Great job on your quilt.

Laurel said...

I love your quilt. I'm signed up for a full day Bonnie workshop next week using the same pattern. I need to start cutting my strips before I get there.

Congrats on your finish. I know it feels good.