I've also been working to restore some order in my studio. Too many projects running all at the same time tends to create a joyfully chaotic jumble of colors ~ which leads to spending too much time trying to find the "right" piece instead of sewing.
My next black and white challenge project can be seen through the walls of the almost-clear storage box above. My third color is Jazzberry Jam (honest, that is a real color developed by Crayola in 2004 with personality traits listed as *hot* *energetic* *loud* *courageous* and *powerful*). The fabulous Kaffe Fasset yardage for the back absolutely lives up to those traits ~ hence the almost certain name for the quilt.
Spent some time re-folding my black and white stash. And the green-lidded box holds the silks, etc. for Lauren's Asian Odyssey wall quilt. The fabrics underneath will become sashing and borders. The backing (from Hancock's of Paducah) is due any day, after which I'll no longer have many excuses for not working on this one (the long pondering time is winding down ~ action is now needed).
On the second design wall in the guest room, you can see the first quarter-block for my scrappy baskets quilt. This one is calling loudly for attention ~ especially since the backing fabric arrived today from e-quilter. Now I'm really excited about working on this one!
I've finished the binding on three more Priority Quilts (numbers 7, 8 & 9 towards my goal of 12 for this year, photos soon) and Sweet Cream Roses made its way through the washer/dryer Tuesday evening (amazing how the French Roses change after laundering).
Printed out a couple of Mary's Heartstrings quilt patterns to use for Mountain Baby Blanket quilts ~ my boxes are overflowing with colorful, scrappy 2-1/2" strips and these patterns will be perfect for in-between, semi-mindless stitching. There's also a special baby quilt that was added to the list today. The law firm's former runner (now a teacher who works for us during the summers) is expecting. Yippee!
This photo shows part of the pieced back for Dave and Friends and two hanging sleeves (for top and bottom so the quilt will hang better on the wall) ~ now I can hand it off to Chris when we meet up this coming Sunday.
Quiltdivajulie
----------------------------
"The least movement is of importance to all nature. The entire ocean is affected by a pebble.”
(Blaise Pascal)

9 comments:
That looks like a great variety of selvages and Amy does work in a lot of different styles.
Jazzberry Jam, I missed that crayon box.
LOVE the basket quilt
wow those handles are awesome!
will be fun to see what you do with all those selvages!
Such organization! I really should take a leaf out of your book. Or a yard off your bolt. Whatever.
What a cute basket -- I love the handle! One of these days I'm going to make a basket quilt but it will probably be a liberated version ...maybe even with strings!
You look so organized - I've got so many bins but right now everything is in disarray - a hazard of working on several projects at one time. My dream studio would be one big enough to have tables set up with 3 machines - each with it's own nearby design wall so I could work on 3 projects at a time without jumbling everything together....oh, make that 4 machines -- one just for binding would be great too!
Glad you got the selvages.
Hubby brought home the priority mailer, & I did not want to pack the bowls in it - they will follow. (I have that neuveau cat print, but it did not make it into my black & white quilt.)
I got tired just reading this blog. I, too, usually have two or three projects going but I think you have outdone me. LOL
I've spent all week organizing and cutting -- I will NEVER let me quilt space get in that shape again. A little chaos while working is fine, but too much impedes the creative process (at least for me). I understand why you need to get organized.
lovely projects on the go! I have yardage of the binding fabric you shared. just used some of it and glad I have lots more. nice to take time and get organized-well done.
What brilliance you're displaying here. Selvages Galore. Love your black and white stash and those baskets are going to totally rock!
Julie, the Dynamic Quilter!
Post a Comment