Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Moving Day - Part I

One selvage at a time, the 54" square flimsy is completed ~ shown here folded and draped over the quilt rack in our living room.  I'm still saving selvages for placemat and potholder projects, but need to let the variety increase again for a few months.  Once Chris gets out from under her computer issues and returns from her trip to the Paducah show, I'll hand over the selvage top for quilting (it may very well end up being a wall hanging in my new office space ~ we'll see).

Thanks to all who shared such positive comments about my quilt being included in the 2010 Quilt Art engagement calendar ~ I appreciate your kind words!!!

Today is the day two of our attorneys are moving into their new offices in the expansion space.  The carpet installers did 4 private offices Monday night and 4 more last night with 4 more tonight and the final spaces Thursday evening.  You cannot imagine the boxes and boxes of files/papers/desk contents that are stacked in the hallways . . . and, as quickly as we unload files back into the lateral cabinets, the newly-emptied boxes are re-filled by the next office occupant on the list.  Organized chaos is  the most fitting description.  Several of us are physically exhausted ~ there are two more heavy days to get through and then the office-wide unpacking will continue in earnest.  There's also a kitchen remodel coming very soon, but the carpet has to be completed first.  Furniture for the two new secretarial workstations is due on May 11 - so I'll be relocated shortly thereafter (unspoken questions remain about which of the two will be mine).  

Projects on this scale do tend to absorb us on every level ~ whether intentional or not.  So, one day at a time is the best I can manage for right now ~ 

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------

"Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Be still and allow the mud to settle."  (Lau Tzu)

3 comments:

Clare said...

I helped organise 2 office moves within 5 years. After the last one I promised myself never ever again. I managed to leave before the next one!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I think I can imagine the kind of chaos you describe. Your selvage quilt is pure calm flying in the face of that storm.

Magpie Sue said...

Congratulations to you ~ and your son ~ on your recent successes! Woohoo!